First things first...Meet Winston
Winston is our 4 1/2 pound yorkie. He greets us at the door each day with a huge grin. Seriously, he smiles and shows all teeth to express his excitement. Now Winston, like most yorkies doesn't really like other dogs or people. He is usually okay around adults but he picks and chooses his friends carefully. Typically we keep him away from most dogs and kids because he likes to show those pearly whites for a different reason than excitement. So as you can see he is a bit of a snob. He is obsessed with this small blue football that my parents got him for Christmas...Thanks again mom and dad! Because we are tired of throwing the blue football, we hide it on the mantle, top of the stairs, or on the counter but Winston being as smart as he is, always seems to find it and either finds a way to get it or cry until he does. The sweet boy can't sleep until he is under the covers and because he is so spoiled he usually gets his way.
Meet Clementine.
She is our newest Hogsett addition; a seven (maybe eight or nine) pound schnauzer. Clementine is the complete opposite of Winston. She loves everybody...it doesn't matter who it is, she will make them her friend. We know that she is really very smart however she is so stubborn that it makes her look like she isn't the sharpest color in the box. After chewing up six pairs of shoes, the corner of the armoire, and all but one of Ron's playstation games, Clementine almost had to find a new home. But then she jumped on our laps and gave the best puppy kisses a dog can give and we couldn't say no...she is the most cuddly cute dog there is.
Now for us..


Meet my handsome husband....Ron was born in Las Cruses, New Mexico and moved to Texas when he was younger. Their family finally settled in McKinney only ten minutes from me...small world. You would think that living so close and sharing a few mutual friends that we would have run into each other. But it wasn't until his freshman (my sophomore year, YES I am robbing the cradle) in college that we met. We didn't start dating right away...just slowly became friends. Two years later, when we were both single and ready for a relationship we started to chat even more. He won me over the first time I went to see him with a pumpkin carving contest planned just for my visit. Ron played soccer for University of the Ozarks and while there was able to go study in Washington DC, Prague, and Spain, He then went to live in London for a year to get his masters at the London School of Economics. He doesn't tell people, but I like to brag that it is number two in the world for comparative politics, which is what he went there for. Needless to say, he is one smart cookie. After London, Ron came home and wanted to show me his favorite city in the US, so off to Washington DC we went. When we got home my left hand had beautiful bling on it and we started the journey in becoming Mr. and Mrs. Hogsett. Ron now works for Dallas Financial Wholesalers and does a lot of stuff with the market that is usually over my head.
Ron with his best friends
Ron in London
As for me...
Who am I? Well friends, I am Mindy. I grew up in good ole' Allen, Texas. I have the best job in the entire world...teaching little third graders all sorts of things. I started dancing at the age of three and I still am not quite ready to give it up so I teach on Monday and Thursday nights. I married the love of my life on January 26, 2008 (We just celebrated our year anniversary!!) We built a house in Melissa, Texas this year so I have been busy trying to decorate, but for some reason that is going way slower than I would like. I guess people are right when they say it takes forever to get your house just how you want it. I love my husband, babies, job, friends, and this wonderful life that God has blessed me with.
Cheering for my team
Me with my best friends
There you have it...we are the Hogsett family!



SO glad you decided to join in on the fun!! You know I can ALWAYS do you a blog header!! Can't wait to see you FRIDAY!! Promise I will call this week and we WILL talk! love you!
ReplyDelete