I went into the doctor on Tuesday, April 12th for my weekly check up. I was thinking besides the fact that my feet were retaining so much water, things were right on track and sweet little Hudson would arrive at the end of April. Well it turns out that my blood pressure was a bit high; she put me on bed rest and instructed me to come back in on Thursday. So on Thursday Ron and I went to the doctor a little bit excited and nervous about what Dr. Farrow would say. Well her news surprised us both...she wanted us to check into the hospital on Sunday so that we would be ready to have a baby on Monday morning! WOW!! We were really going to be parents!! So we spent the weekend with me on "bed rest" meaning we were frantically making sure that everything was ready for the arrival of our sweet baby boy. We even made sure that we had a date night on our last weekend as just the two of us. It was great!
As we walked up to the hospital on Sunday I will admit I was pretty nervous. Not nervous about being a mom but nervous about the unknown of having a baby! We got all checked in and then Monday morning was there before we knew it. At 5:30 AM they gave me the meds to jump start labor. By 7:30 my blood pressure was still really high so the gave me the epidural to calm me down a bit :) It was greatness!! By 11:00 we noticed that H's heart rate was dropping quite a bit every time I had a contraction. By 12:00 Dr. Farrow decided a c section would be best and within the hour we were parents. I couldn't believe how fast it all went.
Our last picture just the two of us!
At 12:40 we met our precious baby boy.
Hudson Maddox Hogsett was born weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces 19 inches long.
I can't believe that two weeks have already gone by. We love love love this little boy. He brings so much happiness to our little family. Ron is an amazing dad and I love watching my boys together!! We are so blessed!



Hudson,
ReplyDeleteYou are so amazingly adorable, I love you!
Dad